Lie has different meanings according to the free dictionary
Lie means intr.v. lay , lain , ly·ing , lies
1. To be or place oneself at rest in a flat, horizontal, or recumbent position; recline: He lay under a tree to sleep.
2. To be placed on or supported by a surface that is usually horizontal: Dirty dishes lay on the table. See Usage Note at lay1.
3. To be or remain in a specified condition: The dust has lain undisturbed for years. He lay sick in bed.
But the one I'm talking about is the lie that hurts.
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
v. lied, ly·ing , lies
1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.
To cause to be in a specific condition or affect in a specific way by telling falsehoods: You have lied yourself into trouble.
Any form of lie is bad. Being lied to is not a good feeling, it has different meaning (being lied to) 1. they don't trust you, so they lie. 2. they did something awful that they don't want you to find out. 3. they lie to protect you but it only results to a bad thing. So, as much as the truth hurts, DON'T TELL A LIE.
Happy weekend loves!♥